Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reactions after Nguelemedouga was poisoned and survived

Cappolytree was in tears . He told Nguelemedouga: “you know Sir, that, I owe this position of Member of Parliament through you and at such, I can’t be suspected of desiring to harm you. Please accept my apologies. I will find and punish he/she who wanted to harm you and in the process, attempt to spoil my name and that of my family”. Nguelemedouga had an Olympian calm. He replied to Mr Cappolytree: “ he whispered, don’t worry” and then ,he shouted to the crowd: “the party must go on”. Then, the Divisional Officer came close to Nguelemedouga and said: “Congratulations, you are strongman. But remember Mr Nguelemedouga, this is Bassaland”. He went a step away, rotated and came back, tapped Nguelemedouga on his shoulder, and added: “Between us, haven’t you taken the wife of somebody here in Nyanon, who really wants you dead in retaliation?” Nguelemedouga replied: “No! I haven’t taken any man’s wife.” And to that question posed by his immediate boss, he asked: “why should I, when I have my wife and children in Yaoundé?” And the Divisional Officer replied: “it is simply because, your wife is not with you that, you might have been tempted to trek into an area where devils don’t dare”. Mr Winenba knew full well that, Nguelemedouga was lying, for he knew based on his four years experience in Sanaga maritime and eight years in Bassa land in general and added to reports that had reached him, that, what has happened to Nguelemedouga was the fruits of the anger and jealousy from a man, whose wife was cheating on him, and the cheated and anger man was determined to punish the man who was humiliating him.

No comments: