Saturday, May 31, 2008

Conversation betweenNguelemedouga & Cappolytree

Nguelemedouga interjected: “Be very clear Cappolytree. And please I don’t want proverbs in our conversation”. And like a child, Cappolytree, an exuberant burly responded: “all right boss”. And he added: “I am going to use one stone to kill two birds”. Nguelemedouga interrupted him again: “I have warned you not spice our conversation of today with any proverbs”. “Ok!” Cappolytree replied. And he went on: “I am going to be very clear and direct”. “That is good. Now, tell me what and how you want me to help you, as a brother as you are claiming?” Nguelemedouga asked Cappolytree. “Ok!” Cappolytree answered and said: “I want to become the MP of Nyanon and the fact that, you are welcoming every one here with pomp and fanfare and I am considered not worth a fly, makes me to panic. If I am not elected MP, I think I will be on the highway to jail, provided the radar of the fight against corruption locates me.” “It will locate you never mind”. Nguelemedouga told Cappolytree.

And he added: “is it because you want to become an MP by all means that, instead of coming here to let me know you decided to write long petition letters to Yaoundé against me?” Cappolytree could not respond but was instead apologetic. He mumbled: “Forgive me.” “That is not how you have to apologise. Especially that, I am older than you. You also know that, before you could come here and confess today, I knew before you why you would do anything in order to become an MP of this sub district. You also know this district was created for you”. Nguelemedouga told Cappolytree. Cappolytree was impressed at the depth of information that, Nguelemedouga had on him. He sat for a while motionless in the sofa of the office of Nguelemedouga and then rose up and said to the sub district officer: “Thank you very much for having accepted to welcome me. I won’t waste your precious time. Here is something for you and your family.” Cappolytree open his wallet and gave the sub district officer the sum of CFA France 2 million. The sub district officer did not say thank you but said: “now that, you have behaved well, I can assure you today that, you will be in the Glass House at next June’s secession.” Cappolytree left but was not very confident, he still thought of contacting a stand by team of lawyers in case, Nguelemedouga doesn’t honour his promise and thus, he is not elected into parliament and the dragnet of the anticorruption machine catches him. What he did not know was that, Nguelemedouga was a man of word. He made everything possible in order for Cappolytree to be elected into parliament, but in a clean way. He was not a brutal electoral fraud, as most of his colleagues were. His stratagem to enable Cappolytree to win the parliamentary seat of Nyanon was a weapon of massive disinformation.

No comments: